Various details can be left out or included such as: epaulets, lined patch pockets, pocket flaps, an interior patch pocket, a removable hood (using buttons), and sleeve tabs.
This design is easy to fit with an optional slimming front dart and a center back seam. Few body panels make it relatively simple to sew and it is fully lined with detailed instructions on how to insert the lining and hand-sew the hems.
The Goldstream Peacoat would suit everything from a classic navy wool with fouled anchor buttons to a rustic tweed with leather closures.
This pattern, as part of the Parkland Casual Collection, is a modern slim-fitting design with athletic sizing. It is a classic garment that lends itself to creating the perfect casual, hand-made wardrobe for an active lifestyle.
Paper Sewing Pattern Includes:
- A tissue copy of the pattern in sizes XS to XXL
- A 20 page staple bound illustrated instruction booklet (lays flat while sewing!)
- An embroidered Thread Theory garment tag
- A chip board pattern folder with string closure – simple to use and sturdy enough to store your patterns for years to come
Suggested fabrics: Medium to heavy weight wool such as gaberdine, tweed,houndstooth, worsted wool, boiled and especially any wool labeled coating . Choose a weight that your machine will be comfortable handling.
Lining: Lightweight lining fabrics such as silk,polyester or rayon lining. For a warmer coat choose soft, medium weight fabrics such as flannel,quilted lining materials,or brushed cotton. Consider using slippery, materials for the sleeves and warm fabrics for the body.
Interfacing: Medium to heavy weight fusible or se in interfacing. If your wool is very textured and fusible interfacing will likely have difficulties fusing to it, choose sew in interfacing to baste to the interfaced pieces.
Sizing: XS – XXL. Please check the size chart and finished garment measurements.
- 2 x 1/2″ – 5/8 ” shoulder pads
- Seven x 1′ buttons (Front closure and lapel button)
- Classic Variation – 4 x 1/2″ buttons for epaulets and sleeve tabs
- Casual variation – 4 x 1/2″ buttons to blend with self fabric and removable hood