PRINTED PATTERN – Includes full-scale pattern sheets and a colour instruction booklet.
SKILL LEVEL – Improvers
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS – Medium weight stretch knit fabrics such as ponte di roma, double knit, interlock, jersey. Check the fabric can be stretched crosswise at least 20% wider than its original width, and that it pings back down to size after stretching.
- Fabric – Long or 3/4 sleeve – 2.5m (2 ¾ yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.8m (3 yards) x 115cm (45in);
Cap sleeve – 2.1m (2 3/8 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.3m (2 1/2 yards) x 115cm (45in)
(It’s always a good idea to buy a little extra knit fabric to allow for shrinkage. See below for fabric lengths for colour blocked versions)
- Matching thread
- 0.9m (1 yard) of 6-8mm (1/4in) stay tape, clear elastic, ribbon or strips of knit interfacing
- Ballpoint or stretch needle for your sewing machine
- Sewing machine with a zigzag stitch and basic tools (a rotary cutter, mat and walking foot are useful).
COLOUR BLOCKING YOUR ZADIE DRESS?
- Bodices – 0.5m (5/8 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide fabric or 115cm (45in) wide fabric
- Long or ¾ sleeve + side panels – 1m (1 1/8 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide fabric OR 1.3m (1½ yards) x 115cm (45in) wide fabric OR Cap sleeve + side panels – 0.6m (3/4 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide fabric OR 0.7m (3/4 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide fabric
- Skirt, pocket facings + neckband – 1.5m (1 3/4 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide fabric or 115cm (45in) wide fabric